Join us to see what the future Metronet projects mean for WA and the impact this will have on business and employment.
Identify key opportunities for your organisation to be part of the workforce that builds the future.
METRONET is the long term plan to connect our suburbs, reduce road congestion and meet Perth's future planning needs.
This is Perth’s most ambitious program of rail projects and Stage One will deliver approximately 72 kilometres of new passenger rail and up to 18 new stations.
But it’s not just about public transport.
The job-creating program will see transport investment as a catalyst for land-use change in more than 5,000 hectares within walking distance of the new stations.
A team from across WA Government is working together to consider what people need for work, living and recreation within these future urban centres with a train station at its heart.
METRONET Stage One includes:
Completing the Forrestfield-Airport Link
Extending the Joondalup Line to Yanchep
Linking Thornlie and Cockburn Central stations
Planning and building the new Morley-Ellenbrook Line
Extending the Armadale Line to Byford
Relocating Midland Station and extending the Midland Line to Bellevue
Building a new station at Karnup on the Mandurah Line
Starting a program to remove level crossings on the Armadale and Midland lines
Designing and manufacturing the next C-Series trains
Planning for alternative transport options to better connect communities.
This event will look at:
1. Key government tendering requirements,
2. Emerging technology improving quality, productivity and safety, and
3. Strategic human resource planning to scale up and meet demand.
Who should attend?:
1.Organisations looking to work on Metronet projects.
2. Organisations interested in applying innovative technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, wearable technologies, and big data.
3. Organisations facing strategic human resource challenges that may impact their future growth and sustainability.
4. Organisations looking for government support for professional services.
5. Organisations interested in forming joint ventures and partnerships to achieve greater capacity.
6. Organisations looking for innovative ways to meet government 11% apprentice and trainee requirements.
Date: Friday 9th November 2018
Time: 2pm to 6pm
Address: EY Building, 11 Mounts Bay Road, 6000 Perth
Refreshments: Light refreshments will be available throughout the afternoon, including a range of dietary needs.
RSVP: Visit the Eventbrite page to RSVP and make your booking.